NEMS provided logistic support to the mediation centers at Patan Appellate Court and Supreme C o u r t i n collaboration with USAID/Nepal/ ARD Rule of Law Project. NEMS has c o n t r i b u t e d g e n e r a t i n g awareness to the stakeholders. An a w a r e n e s s Program was held on 8 Mangsir 2063 (2006/11/24) in Kathmandu to discuss importance of mediation in commercial disputes which helped to generate awareness on benefits of mediation in commercial disputes. The program was chaired by Honble Justice Tope Bahadur Singh. Similarly, realizing the crucial role of attorney in making the mediation success, an interaction program on Role of Lawyers on the process of mediation was held on 30 Chaitra 2063(2007/4/13) in Kathmandu which helped lawyers their roles and benefit of mediation to them.
- Membership of the society is opened to the mediators having 40 hours training from different organizations.
- The First Annual General Meeting was held on 28 July 2007(2064/4/12). The Chief Guest of this program was Hon. Subash Nawang, speaker of the interim parliament.
- A review program was jointly organized by NEMS and Supreme Court on 11 December 2007 (2064/8/25)which helped to know the challenges in mediating the cases referred by the courts.
- Similarly an interaction program to review the court referred mediation practice was jointly organized by NEMS and Appellate Court on 2 January 2008 (2064/9/18).
- Feedback on the training manual was provided by organizing an interaction program to review the court referred program on 13 July 2008. (2065/3/29)
- There was no uniform curriculum for mediation training. Therefore, NEMS contributed in the process of developing a uniform curriculum for mediation training.
- Expansion of membership and networking of mediators is major activity of the society, it is planned to be carried out throughout the year. There are different organizations working in the field of mediation. The mediators having the training with 40 hours are eligible and intended to the member of the society.
- NEMS will organize a National Meeting to share and interact about the challenges being faced in the process of mediating the dispute. Mediators across the country will be attending the program.
- Awareness program is targeted to the lawyers, Judges, Court officials and commoners at large to make aware of mediation in court referred cases. There is no uniform curriculum for mediation training. Therefore, NEMS contributed in the process of developing a uniform curriculum for mediation training.
- There is a need of an umbrella Act on mediation. Similarly, developing code of conduct of mediators is crucial. Therefore, as a professional organization of trained mediators, NEMS would be involving in providing inputs on mediation act and code of conduct for mediators.
- Publication of Mediation Journals
- Organizing settlement fare with a view to generate awareness program to the concerned stakeholders and resolving pending disputes at different tiers of courts.